Britain & Ireland Explorer - Preview 2021
Britain & Ireland Explorer – Preview 2021
The leisurely pace and beauty of the Irish countryside blends with historic English towns, Welsh hospitality and the austere Scottish Highlands, for a truly memorable exploration of the British Isles.
- Loch Lomond: Enjoy a light lunch and admire the oak woodlands and incredible scenery as you cruise one of Scotland’s most beautiful lochs, a favourite nature spot of the local’s.
- Dublin: Before it opens to the public, visit the Guinness Storehouse to learn about Ireland’s national drink. Experience a private masterclass and learn to pour the perfect pint.
- Killarney: Choose from a fine selection of local restaurants on your Dine-Around Evening.
- Waterford: Celebrate the culmination of your escorted journey with wine, good cheer and palate-pleasing cuisine.
- Dining Summary: 14 Breakfasts (B), 3 Dinners (D) and 3 Dinners with Wine (DW) all with tea or coffee.
- Kildare: Join an equine professional for a behind-the-scenes look at the Irish National Stud. Then visit the finest Japanese Gardens in Europe, for a ‘journey through life’ as you wander by the beautiful floral displays.
Top Rated Highlights
- Edinburgh: A hush descends and eyes turn to the castle. The skirl of the pipes rises and drums crack the night air as a tide of tunics and tartan flood from the drawbridge. For a limited time in August, witness the incredible spectacle of the Edinburgh Military Tattoo.
- Stratford: Learn about the life of William Shakespeare, arguably history’s most famous writer, when you visit his birthplace. Then enjoy some time to explore this pretty town with its iconic Tudor houses.
- Durham: See the castle and Romanesque cathedral.
- Hadrian’s Wall: Stop to see part of the ancient wall that once marked the border of the Roman Empire.
- Edinburgh: Explore the city with your Local Expert as you travel along Princes Street to see the Scott Memorial, the neoclassical Adam facades of New Town and the official Scottish residence of the Queen, Palace of Holyroodhouse.
- Edinburgh: Walk with a Local Expert inside the walls of the Castle to view the Scottish Crown Jewels, Stone of Destiny and Mons Meg.
- St. Andrews: Visit the university town where the famous beach scene from ‘Chariots of Fire’ was filmed and see the golf course where the sport was created.
- Pitlochry: Visit this town, famous for its salmon leap.
- Inverness: See the River Ness, Inverness Castle and take in the scenery around you as you hear about the beauty and history behind Inverness.
- Loch Ness: Hear tales of the famous Nessie as you drive along Scotland’s famous loch.
- Grasmere: Learn about the life of the poet William Wordsworth and visit his grave.
- Chester: During you orientation with your Travel Director see the cathedral, city walls and famous black and white Rows.
- Conwy: See the castle upon the river.
- Holyhead: Set sail for Dublin.
- Dublin: Walk with your Local Expert, through the elegant squares of this fine city to see O’Connell Street, Custom House and Dublin Castle.
- Cashel: See the Rock of Cashel where St. Patrick preached.
- Ring of Kerry: Venture into a world of towering cliffs, lush lakelands and remote villages, as you travel the Ring of Kerry.
- Killarney: Enjoy hearing of the history of Killarney during your city orientation.
- Blarney: Visit the castle and climb the battlements for a chance to kiss the Blarney Stone and gain the gift of eloquence.
- Waterford: Explore the town and see Reginald’s Tower and the remains of the city walls.
- Rosslare: Board your ferry to cross the Irish Sea.
- Cardiff: During an orientation with your Travel Director, see the castle and Principality Stadium.
- Bath: The Roman Baths have existed for over 2,000 years and are now one of the best-preserved Roman remains in the world. Learn the importance of this historic site, still used as a center for bathing and socialising.
- Bath: During your orientation of the city, your Travel Director will show you the Georgian houses, the Royal Crescent, Pulteney Bridge and Bath Abbey.
- Stonehenge: Visit the mysterious circle of upright stones, which stands as strong today as it did 5,000 years ago.
- Scenic Drives: Admire some of the world’s most spectacular scenery as you travel through the Scottish Highlands, past the Grampian Mountains, Spey Valley and Glencoe, along Loch Lomond and Loch Ness, through the English Lake District, Tipperary, Ring of Kerry, Dungarvan, Pembrokeshire, and across Severn Bridge and Salibury Plain.
Included Insight Services
- Our highly-skilled Travel Director will ensure your journey is seamless, serving as your expert guide, consummate organiser, and friend overseas.
- Enjoy the comfort of Insight’s luxury, air-conditioned, 40-seat coach with double the standard legroom and onboard washroom.
- Personal radio headsets give you the freedom to wander during visits to famous highlights, without missing any of your Local Expert’s fascinating commentary.
- We carry your bags for you and promptly deliver them to your hotel door.
- Hotel and restaurant tips are included – you’ll never have to worry about how much to give, nor search for foreign currency. We also include all taxes and porterage charges at hotels.
- Stay connected with friends and family with our complimentary coach and hotel Wi-Fi (where available).
- From time to time, your Travel Director will enchant you with an Insight Flourish, which is a local specialty representing the destination.
- You may purchase transfers from/to London Heathrow and Gatwick airports on arrival and departure days, or when additional night accommodation has been booked through Insight V…
Welcome to London.
London, Stratford-upon-Avon and Medieval York.
Durham, Hadrian's Wall and Edinburgh.
Scotland’s Capital of Culture.
St. Andrews and Inverness.
Loch Ness and Glencoe.
The English Lakes to Chester.
North Wales and over to Dublin.
In Dublin’s Fair City.
From Dublin to Killarney.
Ring of Kerry Experience.
Blarney Castle and Waterford.
Across the Irish Sea to Cardiff.
Roman Baths, Stonehenge and London.