Best of Germany - Small Group, 2022
Best Of Germany – Small Group, 2022
Be captivated by the old world charm of Rothenburg and Neuschwanstein, the mountain scenery of Bavaria and the amazing re-birth of Dresden to its former Baroque splendour.
- Berlin: Join your Travel Director and fellow guests at a local restaurant in the heart of Berlin for a delightful Welcome Dinner, served with wine.
- Munich: Savour a delightful meal prepared with fresh, locally-sourced ingredients.
- Rothenburg ob der Tauber: For your dining pleasure, you’re offered an excellent selection of Rothenburg restaurants, each with its own distinctive ambience and cuisine. From local Franken specialities to international menus, your Tour Director’s inside knowledge ensures a more intimate and authentic dining experience.
- Mainz: Take a seat on the terrace for stunning views of the Rhine. Tantalise your taste buds and toast to the culmination of your Germanic journey during a sumptuous Celebration Dinner with all the trimmings.
- Dining Summary: 9 Breakfast (B), 4 Dinner with Wine (DW)
- Munich: Choose between a foodie walking tour in the heart of Munich or alternatively, take a relaxing bike ride in the English Garden.
- Black Forest: Discover the art of cuckoo clock making at a charming workshop in the Black Forest. Watch a demonstration by the lively artisan, while you enjoy a glass of cherry wine.
Top Rated Highlights
- Scenic Drives: Travel along part of the Romantic Road and pass the Bavarian Alps, continue along the Alpine Road, through the Black Forest, along the German Clock Route and the Neckar Valley.
- Berlin: You Local Expert provides a tour of this vibrant city. Drive along the Ku’Damm, passing the Kaiser Wilhelm Memorial Church and through Tiergarten to the Reichstag building. See the Brandenburg Gate, State Opera House and visit Alexanderplatz.
- Dresden: Your guided tour with a Local Expert shows you the Frauenkirche, the colossal ‘Procession of the Dukes’ mosaic, the cathedral, Semper Opera House and Zwinger Palace. You’ll also learn about the traditional German Christmas Pyramids.
- Munich: See Feldherrnhalle in the Odeonsplatz, the Palace of the Dukes of Wittelsbach, the English Garden, the Hofbräuhaus, St. Peter’s Church and the famous Marienplatz.
- Neuschwanstein: Visit the archetypal fairy-tale castle that allegedly inspired many of Walt Disney’s castles. Led by a local historian, walk through the magnificent halls, take in the lavish decoration and enjoy spectacular views.
- Oberammergau: Explore the town and see the theatre where the Passion Play has been performed since 1634 and the next performance will be in 2022.
- Heidelberg Castle: Venture inside the magnificent castle built in red sandstone, overlooking the Student Prince’s town. See the massive Heideleberg Tun built into the cellar in 1591, visit the Apothecary Museum and enjoy panoramic views of Heidelberg and the Neckar Valley.
- Lindau: Your Travel Director takes you to the Harbour and Old City Hall. Walk the medieval streets of this island-town and browse the shops on Maximillium Strasse.
- Rothenburg ob der Tauber: Explore Rothenburg ob der Tauber, the most well-preserved town on the Romantic Road.
- Heidelberg: Explore one of Germany’s most enchanting cities during your orientation with your Travel Director.
- Mainz: Your Travel Director leads you an on orientation of the city.
- Rhine Valley: Cruise beneath the semi-ruined castles and terraced vineyards. Sleepy villages slip by as you saunter upstream to the Lorelei Rock where the enchantress lured sailors to their doom.
- Koblenz: See the Deutsches Eck Monument and enjoy the scenic vistas from the Niederwald Monument.
Included Insight Services
- Our highly-skilled Travel Director will ensure your journey is seamless, serving as your expert guide, consummate organiser, and friend overseas
- Enjoy the comfort of Insight’s luxury, air-conditioned, 40-seat coach with double the standard legroom and onboard washroom
- Personal radio headsets give you the freedom to wander during visits to famous highlights, without missing any of your Local Expert’s fascinating commentary
- We carry your bags for you and promptly deliver them to your hotel door
- Hotel and restaurant tips are included – you’ll never have to worry about how much to give, nor search for foreign currency
- We also include all taxes and porterage charges at hotels
- Stay connected with friends and family with our complimentary coach and hotel Wi-Fi (where available)
- From time to time, your Travel Director will enchant you with an Insight Flourish, which is a local specialty representing the destination
- If your arrival and/or departure flights are as per the itinerary start and end dates, then transfers are available at scheduled times
- If your flights are outside these times, or you have booked additional nights accommodation with Insight Vacations, you may purchase transfers or make your own way from/to the airport
Welcome to Berlin
The Spirit of Berlin
Dresden, a Baroque Phoenix on the Elbe
Nuremberg and the Bavarian Capital of Munich
The Jewels of the Bavarian Alps
Into the Black Forest
Medieval Rothenburg ob der Tauber
The University City of Heidelberg and Mainz
Castles of the Rhine Experience
Auf Wiedersehen Frankfurt